Is Your College Student Living Off Campus?

September starts a new school year; and if you have a college student going off to school, here are a few things to consider.

If your college student is living in the dorm, homeowners insurance will cover them. But, if your daughter or son decides to live off campus in an apartment, then it is time to take a look at obtaining renters insurance for them.

Renters insurance will not only protect their belongings such as computers, televisions and other valuables, but also protect them from liability should someone be injured on the property.

So before packing off to go off to school, take pictures of valuables along with keeping receipts for all new large ticket purchases.

We should also look at your automobile policies to make sure that you have the proper protection while they are away at school
Give us a call to make sure that your student is well protected and safe when living off campus.


Doherty Insurance Agency
21 Elm Street
Andover, MA. 01810
Telephone: 978-475-0260
Fax: 978-475-0303