It is great to have grown up toys – but did you know they may not be covered by your homeowners and/or auto insurance.  Perhaps you have a golf cart that you use around the neighborhood or a 4 wheeler you use in the woods for hunting.  It is important to protect both your “toys” as well as protect yourself from liability.

We can insure all your “toys” for liability, medical payments, physical damage and even for towing!

Golf Carts - Golf carts are primarily designed for transportation from one hole to the next hole on the golf course.  However many people use them for to travel within their community.  It is important to remember that your homeowners policy might not cover you if you ride off your own property. Whether you use your golf cart off-road or on, proper insurance can help you protect you and your golf cart.

Whether your cart is gas or electric we can provide coverage for virtually any noncommercial purpose and location.  We can provide coverage for:

  • Bodily injury
  • Property damage liability
  • Comprehensive
  • Collision
  • Accessory coverage
  • Transport trailer coverage
  • Roadside assistance

ATVs – Your homeowners policy likely does not cover your ATV if it is ridden off your property.  Many ATV owners use their ATVs for riding in the woods and trails, often not on their own property.   But what if your ATV is stolen or damaged?  Proper ATV insurance coverage can help protect you and your investment.  Note that in many states it is a requirement for ATVs operated on state owned property to have proper insurance. Our insurance programs can provide broad coverage for ATVs including:

  • Comprehensive - In most circumstances coverage will pay for damages to your ATV if it's not caused by a collision. For example, if your ATV is damaged by theft, vandalism, fire or flooding comprehensive coverage will likely apply. You just pay the deductible you selected.
  • Collision - Collision pays for physical damage to your ATV.  For example if you hit something like a tree, another ATV, a wall or fence. Your liability would be the deductible on your policy.  Because of the way ATVs are used collision coverage will not pay for things such as scrapes and scratches, dents, and other cosmetic or non-structural type of damages.
  • Bodily injury and property damage liability – This coverage is to pay for injuries to people or damage to property.   Liability coverage also protects your assets, up to the limits you choose.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – If you are involved in an accident and the person at fault does not have insurance, or does not have enough coverage that is where Uninsured/Underinsured coverage picks up.  It will pay for damages and injuries you suffer that the at-fault party is liable for.  It will cover things like medical expenses and lost income.

Regardless of the type of “toys” you have, contact us to see how we can help you protect them for you.




Doherty Insurance Agency
21 Elm Street
Andover, MA. 01810
Telephone: 978-475-0260
Fax: 978-475-0303